The purpose of this award is to recognize and honor student athletes who are both outstanding academically and competitively in Tennessee high school and middle school golf programs.
To be nominated a student athlete must meet the following criteria:
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.70 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) or 93 (on a 100 scale) for the entirety of their high school (grades 9-12) or middle school (grades 6-8) career.
- High school junior and seniors are eligible (High School Division) as well as 7th and 8th graders (Middle School Division).
- The student athlete must be a letter winner during the school year nominated.
- The student athlete must be of high moral character and in good standing at the school making the nomination.
- The Head Coach of the school making the nominations MUST be an active member of the Golf Coaches Association of Tennessee.
Student Athletes will be recognized after their official season of competition (fall or spring). There is no requirement as to the division or conference of play (i.e TSSAA, TMSGA, HVAC). As long as the coach is a member of GCAT, student athletes are eligible to be recognized.